Saturday, June 8, 2013

All Good Things Must Come to an End


I started this blog 4 years ago as we waited for Lexie to come home.  This blog has allowed me to keep track of every milestone that Lexie has reached, the good times and the not so great times of raising a child.
I've met some wonderful friends along the way who could relate to the ups and downs of adoption.  They knew exactly what we were going through and have been my support system ever since we brought our sweet Lexiebug home.  I'm so thrilled that this summer we get to re-connect with those amazing families at the happiest place on earth.
                           
We had hoped to go back to Taiwan for a brother or sister for Lexie.  Unfortunately, wait time, uncertainty, and finances forced us to withdraw from the program.  We now know in our hearts that Lexie has completed our family and we want to focus all of our love and energy on our precious daughter.

                         
It is with great sadness that this will be the last post that I will write.  This blog was such an important part of our lives.  Writing about the big and small events in our lives gave me proof that our dream had finally come true.
             
Lexie is now 4 years old and life is hectic with so much going on.  There's swim lessons where she has no fear of the water.  She swims like a fish and can hold her breath for over 30 seconds.  She goes to gymnastics and just graduated to the next level where she moves from the preschool gym into the big gym.  She still does tap and ballet and got to perform at the Academy of Arts.  She is now in a song and dance class where she is learning how to sing and perform choreography.  This year, Lexie starts preschool and boy, is she ready.  I hope preschool is ready for her!!
                        
Thank you to everyone who has visited Lexie's blog.  We loved reading your thoughtful comments.  We're sad to say goodbye, but very excited to start the next chapter in Lexie's life.  

2 comments:

  1. I only recently found your blog, so am sorry to see it come to an end. I kept expecting to see someone I knew as much of my family is in Hawaii!

    It has been fun reading about your travels into parenthood. Best wishes for all the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it has been a long time since I stopped by! I'm so sorry to hear about the changes with your second adoption. And I'm so sorry to see your blog go! I have loved the pics and stories. I am glad I will still see you on FB!

    ReplyDelete