When we visited Dallas this summer, Lexie got some beautiful hand-me-downs from Aunty Jules and Hayden. One of them, was this gorgeous Matilda Jane dress. Lexie's first "MJ". Thanks for the styling sandals too!! I'm so fortunate to have a great friend who loves to dress up her daughter. Anytime you need to clean out Miss H's closet, let me know!

Lexie went to visit her doctor for her half year weight check. We are finally over 20 pounds!! She is now 33 1/2 inches. She can still fit in 6-9 month bottoms, but Lexie will say, "Mom, it's too tight!" 12-18 months are still too baggy for her. She is still wearing a 4 shoe, but her toes are starting to stick out the front. Her foot is long enough for a 5, but it's so narrow, that her foot can usually just slide out the sides of her sandals.

Lexie loves to pretend. She'll give me her puzzle pieces and tell me that she made mooncakes for me. She talks to her animals and asks them, "What is your favorite fruit?" Then she'll answer, "I like strawberries."

When I was little, my grandparents used to take me to Valley of the Temples every weekend. We would put flowers on my great-grandparents' graves and then go up to the temple to be blessed and I got to feed the fishes. It's amazing to be able to continue this tradition with Lexie.

We watched the Lion King with Lexie. She was in awe during the opening scene when all of the animals came to see Simba. She was also sad when Mufasa died. She kept asking, "What happened to daddy lion?" I can't believe this movie is 20 years old. I never imagined 20 years ago, when I was sitting in the theatre seeing it for the first time, that I would be watching the Lion King with my daughter.

Lexie says the sweetest things. She's very observant and once when I changed my clothes, she told me, "Mommy, I like the new shirt you are wearing." She tells me, "I like your hair." She's very polite and will always say, "Thank you, mommy."

We leave in a few days for Disneyland and Lexie is beyond excited. She tells me that we're going to the airport to ride the airplane. She says, "We're going to see Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald Duck, Daisy and the Professor." Her favorite show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Thanks to cousin Taryn, Lexie spins around and says, "I doing ballet." She also loves to kick the ball in the yard and says, "I play soccer." I think she'll be a gymnast because wherever we go, if there's a rail, she's swinging from it. She jumps off couches, chairs, and benches and lands with a "ta-da!"

Lexie can be spunky, demanding, and bossy one minute and then she is the most kindest, sweetest, shyest little girl in the world. When we're out, she is loud and puts on the charm with strangers. She smiles and waves at everyone. Then she can be quiet and hides from people she knows, but once she warms up to you, watch out!! Lexie doesn't stop talking.

Lexie, our love for you goes beyond the tallest moutains and up to the heavens!





Wow, those top and bottom photos are incredible! What a beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad she liked the Lion King. I'm debating about whether the girls should see it - Jia is so sensitive.
Have a great time at Disney!