Saturday, January 1, 2011

Celebrating the end of 2010

Last year Lexie slept through most of New Year's Eve. This year, we figured that she could get in on the fun and stay up a little later. It helped that she took a late nap and slept until 5:00pm. We bought her some poppers, but she couldn't throw them hard enough so they would pop when they hit the ground. Lexie didn't mind that they didn't go bang, she just liked throwing them.
Daddy tried to help Lexie by getting her to stomp on the poppers.
Finally Lexie figured out how to get those pesky poppers to work. It was very time-consuming, so we ended up using only one box. Lexie's cousins will be happy to get the other 49 boxes.
We had fun with the confetti poppers. Lexie liked the streamers that flew out, but the dogs did not like the big bang.
Playing with the confetti streamers.
After she was done playing with the streamers, she wanted to pick up all of the little circle tops that came flying off the poppers. She's funny because she has a thing for circles. It's her favorite shape.
Poor Gohan, he was scared of all of the popping sounds. He kept trying to jump on my back, so I finally had to carry him and then he calmed down.
Maxx also didn't like the sounds, so he wanted to sit by me. Then Lexie came and sat on my lap. I love these 3 munchkins and it's because of them that 2010 was such a wonderful year.
Lexie was able to stay up until 11:00. She was getting a little delirious and acting really silly, so we put her to bed.
Lexie got a New Year's gift from Nana and Papa. Hmmm...what can I spend it on? More M&Ms!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the beautiful shots of Mama with her baby girl!

    I am impressed she made it to 11....that's when Scott and I called it quits too; we always tune in for the East coast celebration and countdown and that's about it! :)

    Our furry girl is scared to death of those popping sounds too!!

    Glad you rang in the New Year so joyously!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu know H would be buying M&M's!!!

    Such cute pics and the dogs....oh the poor doggies. Again I love how there are shorts and flip flops for your tropical(yummy smelling) holiday!! I know I have told you, but I adore how HI smells!!!

    Happy New Year to our very Favorite HI family:)

    ReplyDelete