Monday, January 24, 2011

Sledding in Hawaii??

We don't have the snow, but we still find ways to have some winter fun. We went to the park and did a little sledding of our own.
The park has lots of hills and all you need is a piece of cardboard and what a fun and inexpensive way to spend the afternoon.
Lexie wanted to give it a go on her own. She is our Little Miss Independent!
When we were leaving the park, there was a flock of birds in the parking lot. Lexie was just amazed. Her exact words were, "Oh, my!" She loves birds and is always counting the birds that sit on the electrical lines on our street. Well, the little girl decided to run towards the birds, never guessing what might happen.
I've never seen her stop and turn around so fast when all of those birds started taking flight.
After that, she only wanted to watch the birds from a safe distance away.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I just bet that did startle her! Poor sweet baby girl!

    LOVE how clever you guys are with your tropical version of sledding; I think you should create a plastic or extra sturdy version and market it!!! Ingenious!!!

    P.S. Was that a remnant from the kitchen box??? LOL That box continues to tickle me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having typo issues today...

    Kudos to you for creating winter fun in Hawaii! I'm very impressed!! We've found that cafeteria trays and political signs also work well for impromptu sleds if you happen to have any handy.

    And you caught Lexie in full turnaround in the last few pics! Well timed! Poor kiddo!

    ReplyDelete