We will be getting on that plane in 8 days and there's still so much to be done. I've been really stressed today because I thought I would have to work tomorrow and then all of the plans that I made would be out the window. We have to still buy a few more things for Lexie and get some odds and ends for us. We also need to make some decisions on light fixtures and countertops and tomorrow is the only time we can go and look at things. So I was crossing my fingers that we would still have our furlough Friday.
As an educator, taking off 17 days from the school year is crazy. I have to now teach everything in 4 days and just hope my students get it and I don't have to do a lot of reviewing. It also means we have to give up a lot, such as field trips, possibly May Day, and most of the fun stuff. But as a parent, I kind of selfishly like the idea of a shorter week because now I'll get to spend more time with Lexie. Hawaii is one of the worst states because they only allow us to take 20 days of family leave. Anything after that is unpaid even though I have so much sick leave, I can't use it and staying home and not being paid is totally out of the question. I hope that Lexie and I are able to bond in the short time that I'll be home since I have to go back the first week of December. And if that judge rules in favor of the lawsuit, it might actually be the end of November since I can't use those furlough fridays as days off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment