Sunday, August 22, 2010

Another Weekend Flies By

Our weekends are always pretty busy. We do the usual things like cleaning and shopping. We even were able to squeeze in some tree trimming, which we always seem to put off. The most important thing on the weekends is to spend time as a family and make sure we give Lexie lots of love and attention.

We went to visit my grandma and grandpa's grave. This was the first time Lexie helped to put flowers.
I know if my grandparents were still here they would spoil Lexie like crazy.
Aunty Lorna gave us this cool pirate ship, but we never used it because we needed to get balls for it. We finally found a bag of 100 balls, but when we counted them, we were short about 20. I called the company and they said they would send the balls immediately. In fact, I got an email a few hours later saying our balls were on their way. In the meantime, Lexie is making do with her 80 balls.
Maxx is in heaven. I don't think he knows what to do with all of those balls.
I have been wanting to get Lexie a baby doll for a long time, but we have never found the perfect one. Everytime we look at a doll, Lexie either showed no interest or the doll was pretty scary looking. I've seen some really cute ones but they are kind of expensive and I didn't want to spend the money until I knew for sure that Lexie would actually play with it. We found this doll at Target and it came with a stroller. Lexie got excited when I showed it to her, so I went for it and bought it.
At first, Lexie couldn't figure out if the doll was a real baby. She was afraid to hold it and when she dropped the doll, she would get really upset. Now she holds the baby really gently and loves to push her around in the stroller.
It's cute because she pretends to feed the baby and will give her kisses.
We played in the pool today. I bought swim diapers for Lexie but I don't think they work very well. It's constantly leaking, so I don't know if it's the water or something else that's dripping from Lexie.
The water was cold, but Lexie had a great time splashing around.
Now we're counting the days until next weekend!

3 comments:

  1. weekens are just the best, sense we can all spend time together as a family! but they always seem to go by so quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekend as a family ARE special and wonderful.....and yes, altogether too fast!!

    I'm glad your weekend was so special and that pirate ship rocks!!

    Those darling pics of L with her baby are simply precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pirate ship, Miss H would be in heaven and those balls all 80 of them would be all over our house with our dogs chewing them up:) but it would be all good.

    Love the pics with the baby. Gotta love the stroller action....I know someone else that loves the stroller that came with her baby kate:)

    ReplyDelete