Sunday, October 10, 2010

No School Means More Lexie Time

It's been great having a week off so I can spend time with my favorite little girl. We were very busy and the days just flew by and I know I'm going to get major withdrawals when school starts again. When is my next holiday??

We went to our agency for our 1 year post-adoption meeting. I can't believe this time last year, we were stressing about what to pack and getting ready to meet Lexie for the first time. It has been an amazing year to watch Lexie grow into a little lady. After the meeting, we went to the park to play. Lexie loved climbing the ladders and steps and went down the big slides by herself.
This girl has no fear. She was doing more climbing and sliding then the bigger kids that were there.
A few months ago, I had to slide with her and now she wants to go on it by herself. My baby is growing up!
We went to our favorite pizza place to eat. Lexie loves pizza and now likes to eat potatoes and mushrooms with ranch dressing. She played a game with daddy.
Of course, Miss Independent thinks she's big enough to play this game by herself.
We went on a location hunt with daddy. Lexie got to be his model while he did some test shots.
It's been a great vacation and I hate to see it end. The days will be long at school because I'll be missing my Lexiebug.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle, I'm sorry your your extra special Lexie days are coming to an end and I hope the next holiday arrives ASAP!!!

    I'm happy to hear that you made the most of your days off and gosh, congratulations on the big milestone to come....your family day!!

    Isn't it amazing how the time drug on while waiting for our babies and then once they are home, just zoom right by!?? I guess its true what they say......time flies when having fun....blessings and all!!!

    Thinking of you, hoping for a smooth adjustment!!!

    The pictures are gorgeous but then again I don't think you could take a bad picture of your beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was quite a busy week, but i know lexie loved having her mommy there everyday! (so did I) we're going to miss you soooo much when you go back to work. we'll be looking forward to your christmas vacation! i know we'll be crazy busy once again, but we'll have fun!

    ReplyDelete