Friday, July 16, 2010

Always Be in Our Hearts


Tonight, Lorna called to let us know that Oreo had passed away. It was so unexpected. Eric had just been over to their house and I remember him telling me that he played with her and Keisha and they were both doing so well. Eric and I just felt a deep loss and it made us hug our boys a little extra tonight.

We were there when Greg and Lorna brought Oreo home. Gohan was not a fan of hers in the beginning, but Maxx just loved her. The two of them became the best of friends.
These four fur babies grew up together and played together almost everyday. Those were the good old days at Lalea when we used to go walking at night. Even though we moved, they never forgot each other. Whenever we told Maxx and Gohan that they were going to see Keisha and Oreo, they would go crazy. They were always happy to be reunited.
It will be sad just seeing the three of them together. Oreo had such a sweet disposition. She was always so loving and affectionate. We will miss her so much!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Michelle and Eric (and the boys Maxx and Gohan)for all the wonderful memories you had given Oreo from when she was with us.
    Greg and I (even Seth) have been really saddened by her passing. Alia will miss having Oreo by her side as she ate and Oreo was her crumb picker-upper. Oreo even loved Lexie and will miss seeing her grow up and play with Alia.

    I'm blessed though that Greg was with Oreo as she passed and he said she didn't seem to be in pain. Daddy had put his hand on her chest as she kept coughing from her heart failure and he told Oreo that we loved her. I think she knew because right after that she passed at home. Thank you so much for this post and remembering her.. she will always be a part or us and will never be forgotten! WE LOVE YOU OREO and WILL MISS YOU EACH AND EVERY DAY!
    xoxoxox - bye bye ORE-OREO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh....our furry baby means SO much to us too ~ I feel this loss and understand how truly they are part of the family. I'm so sorry to read of this.

    AND those photos.....they are all so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete