Friday, July 9, 2010

Who is this Child?

Lexie does not like water, except for the bath tub. She hates to play in the sprinklers. She doesn't like the beach. She won't even sit in her kiddie pool, so when my friends from school had a get together, I didn't bother to bring my bathing suit because I wasn't planning on taking Lexie into the pool. Debbie convinced me to change Lexie into her bathing suit. I took Lexie by the steps and she curled up her legs every time I tried to put her in the water. She was having fun playing with the toys by the pool and liked throwing things into the water. I was getting tired of retrieving the toys, so I dunked her body into the water and guess what?? She loved it! Lexie was smiling and laughing everytime I did it.
Since I couldn't go in the water, Aunty Cindy and Debbie volunteered to take Lexie in. This girl usually doesn't go with strangers, but she willingly went with them into the water. She didn't cry! She wanted to stay in the water.
Lexie kept putting her face in the water to blow bubbles. We sat on the steps and she kept trying to walk into the water. Who is this child?? What happened to my little baby who feared the water?
Lexie finally got to play with Savannah. We've been trying to set up a playdate all summer, but there always seemed to be something preventing these two from getting together. Debbie calls them "double trouble."
Braden blew bubbles for the little munchkins.
Lexie was very independent and just wanted to explore. She was not her usual opihi self and went easily from one person to another.
Watch out when these 2 start school together! Hopefully by then, Aunty Debbie has her preschool going!! We want Lexie to be your first student!

1 comment:

  1. So, anyone with a pool for lexie to play in???

    ReplyDelete